Spring 2024’s Hottest Makeup Trends

Spoiler Alert: We may be leaving the clean girl aesthetic… Sorry not sorry Hailey Bieber.
Graphic by Lily Boland.

Inspired by the latest issue of Cosmo and the endless hours I spend on TikTok, I’ve decided to share some of my favorite Spring season looks with you all today. While trends are ever evolving and changing, I chose four looks that will seamlessly transition you from Winter to Spring and Spring to Summer without having to pull an El and rummage through endless fashion mags.   

1.) Latte Makeup

Okay, but why are there so many makeup looks named after food and beverages as of late? Think of Hailey Bieber’s iconic sugar plum look but with a fresh Spring twist. Bronzer and contour is crucial to give the warmth and depth that lattes apparently possess- I personally love the new af94 brand’s It Takes Two bronzer and highlighter duo as you can get an instant sunkissed look. Oh, also lipstick is totally in! Opt for a nude pink lippie and extra points for some fake freckles. Basically, any warm toned product that invokes freshly brewed espresso is your best friend for this look. 

2.) Embracing Femininity 

The coquette aesthetic has been in for a while, but this makeup look is built off of the beloved look for a classy yet feminine everyday look. A rosy bold flush (I personally love Patrick Ta’s blush duos)- which Cosmopolitan magazine has coined as doll blush- swept from the apple of your cheeks to your temple is the perfect base for this look. Follow it up by sweeping a highlighter of your choice on the high points of your face and finish the look with a lip oil or gloss. 

3.) Glowy & Dewy 

The perfect recipe: lip gloss or lip oil, highlighter on your cheekbones, light blush, and a tinted moisturizer. It gives your skin but better and is perfect for running to class. 

4.) 2014/Grungy

We’re going for dark lips, statement eyes such as metallics and shimmers, bold eyeliner, matte foundations, and basically whatever Kesha would wear. Oh, and speaking of dark lips, red lippies are so in. Go grab that Clinique black honey almost lipstick and rock out to Tumblr music in your fishnet tights and oversized band tee. 

Okay, sooo… I may have been overly dramatic about the clean girl aesthetic being out. The great thing about makeup is that you can be creative and create looks that make you feel confident! I can’t wait to see what everyone at Simmons will be rocking this Spring season.

Correction: April 9, 2024

A previous version of this article had a minor grammatical error.