Active dates to shake it up

Briana Hayes
Valentine’s Day dates can be a little boring and almost predictable. Every restaurant is booked with reservations for two, and the newest love movie is sold out in all of the movie theaters. It doesn’t have to be a dinner and movie kind of night if you do not want it to be.

Have you ever considered an exercise date? While it may not be the traditional Valentine’s Day date, it can be fun to shake things up, and if you are looking for an unconventional idea, then why not?

Even though it is winter, that doesn’t mean that you cannot find some sort of exercise activity to do. If you are not the type of person to bundle up and go for a run with your loved one, then there are other date ideas!
One fun idea would be to go rock climbing. Rock climbing is an adventure sport that combines endurance, strength, and heights to create a great overall experience.

In Boston, Rock Spot Climbing has 9,000 square feet of surface for you and your date to climb on in addition to bouldering. It is open until midnight, seven days a week ,and contains walls with varying levels.

If you are looking for more structure then an exercise or CrossFit class may be for you. Although these classes tend to be expensive, just think about how much money a dinner and movie cost. There are multiple CrossFit locations in Boston and it is a guaranteed hard workout.

CrossFit combines high intensity workouts with strengthening and conditioning in unusual ways. If you are going to have an untraditional Valentine’s date, you might as well try a new workout too. With CrossFit Fenway right down the road, access really is not an issue.

Additional classes such as kickboxing, boxing, or even a dance class, would be an active and new date idea for Valentine’s Day.

There are many different types of dance classes available. For partners, ballroom dancing is an enjoyable class to try.

Valentine’s Day can sometimes be a tedious event where you are expected to go to dinner, get your significant other a gift, and wear red.

By trying to find new dates ideas, you can change the expected into the unexpected and get a good workout in as well.