New product promises to reduce occurrence of UTIs

By Angelica Coleman

There is a new product on the market, named Uquora, which is aimed at preventing urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are common in young women. The infection results in general discomfort, increased need to urinate, and difficulty urinating. Daily actions, including exercise and sexual activity, can increase the risk of contracting a UTI. Additionally, the risk of contracting another UTI greatly increases once you have had one.

uti
Source: Uqora.com

Antibiotics are used to treat UTIs. Someone who regularly contracts UTIs may choose to take them each time. Repeat usage of antibiotics, especially in treating the same infection, can contribute to antibiotic resistance. Over time, our ability to treat UTIs will decrease because the bacteria involved in such infections will become resistant to antibiotics. Antibiotics also affect the good bacteria in your body, which can lead to harmful side effects, such as damage to the stomach lining.

There are many ways to decrease your risk of contracting  UTIs. Preventive behaviors include staying hydrated, showering regularly, and avoiding “holding it in” when you feel the urge to urinate. However, many women still contract UTIs even if they follow these suggestions.

Uqora offers an additional defense against UTIs. This drink mix safely lowers the risk of bacterial infection with natural active ingredients. D-mannose carbohydrate works to keep bacteria from binding to the urethra, while vitamins and electrolytes promote healthy urination and boost the immune system. Based on the company’s clinical trials, individuals using the Uqora mix were four times less likely to contract UTIs.

This is a great product for college students because it is affordable ($3.50 per packet of drink mix), it is easy to use, and you don’t have to use it on a regular basis. For young women who frequently struggle with UTIs, Uqora could help them avoid the hassle and cost of frequent doctor visits as well as the harm of excessive antibiotic use.

The product is growing in popularity, receiving positive reviews from “Cosmopolitan” and “Refinery 29.” Uqora’s website is also well supported with scientific background and clinical research. CEO Jenna Ryan wrote in a personal statement, “The only thing more gratifying than staying out of the doctor’s office myself is helping women all over the world avoid UTIs and antibiotics.” With her product, Ryan is changing the future of women’s proactive health. Empowering and effective, Uqora is a product worth considering.