Fun dessert recipes to try this holiday season

By Alexis Agiliga

Contributing writer

The holiday season has arrived and that means it’s time for sweet snacks! In addition to the traditional cookie decorating, try out some of these delicious desserts in the upcoming weeks.

Applesauce Spice Cake: Is it really the holidays without some kind of spiced something? Better than plain old applesauce, enjoy some applesauce spiced cake with a warm cup of cider and I can guarantee you will be very happy. Ingredients and directions can be found here.

cake-icecream_300.jpg
Source: Sang An/Real Simple

Peppermint Mousse Cups: A nice alternative to a simple candy cane are these peppermint-mousse cups. They are small, so you’ll be able to eat as many as you want without thinking twice about it. Ingredients and directions can be found here.

4071cdff-365f-4051-8b22-5fcea33cfd56.jpg
Source: Betty Crocker

Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies: This recipe is a spin on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. Trick your friends and family into thinking you’re really classy with an easy yet fancy cranberry-nut chocolate chip cookie. Ingredients and directions are listed here.

12006695744_05bcea1fe5_o
Source: Bakerella

Apricot Oat Bars: Any holiday dessert list has to include healthy options so, here it is! Apricot Oat Bars are an  effortless and healthy option for those not interested in eating too many sweets during the holidays. Ingredients and directions can be found here.

0146022_apricot-oat-bars_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg
Source: The Food Network

Raspberry-Almond Thumbprint: Ah yes, the classic thumbprint cookie makes an appearance. Instead of putting a chocolate chip in the middle, try a raspberry-almond filling for a new experience! Ingredients and directions are listed here.

1074378.jpg
Source: AllRecipes.com