Bruins dominate preseason

By Kate Joseph

The Boston Bruins are back for the 2013-2014 preseason and have already came out victorious in four out of five  games over the past ten days.
After a close loss battling for the Stanley Cup this past June, preseason for Boston kicked off on Monday, Sept. 16 where the Bruins started off strong to defeat the Montreal Canadiens 6-3.
Boston gained another win the next day when they beat the Washington Capitals 3-2 in Baltimore, Maryland.
In their first loss of the season, the Bruins were brought down by the Detroit Red Wings with an ending score of 8-2 on Thursday, Sept. 19, but retaliated the following day by defeating the Red Wings 2-0.
Boston’s latest game of the preseason was played on Monday against the Capitals with the Bruins taking home the win once more.
These games have culminated to bring Boston’s pre-season record to 4-1 with only two games left before regular season begins.
“We have to keep improving and keep communicating,” center Patrice Bergeron explained of his team’s chemistry on the ice to the official Bruins blog. “And things will keep getting better.”
Playing alongside Bergeron this season are standouts David Krejci, Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara, and goalie Tuukka Rask.
The Bruins will play next Thursday, Sept. 26, at 7:30 p.m. and Friday, Sept. 27, at 9:00 p.m. where they will face off against the Winnipeg Jets for their last two preseason games of the season.